This is one of those cakes, that is easy to make, and keeps fresh for up to a week, (if you keep it well hidden). Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted) and bake for 40 minutes.
- 225g softened butter (I use stork because that is what my mother uses)
- 225g of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 275g of self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 4-6 tablespoons of cinnamon to taste.
- 3 handfuls of dried fruit and nut mix. I tend to by the one with apricot, mango, apple, raisins and nuts in)
Simply mix all the ingredients together, place in large round cake tin. I always use a spring form quick release one as I am rubbish at turning the cake upside down on the cooling rake once it is baked.
Once baked, leave to cool and dust with icing sugar.
I usually bake this on a Sunday afternoon, we have it warm with custard or ice cream for pudding that day and then I transfer it into the cake tin ready for the week ahead.