- You frequently have a bath with more than three action men, two dinosaurs and a Ferrari.
- You go food shopping and don’t think will he eat that, you think will that actually fill him up?
- Instead of picking a pen out of your bag at work, you appear to be holding Spider Man.
- Your bed is used as some sort of den, camp, or base.
- You not only know all the names of the dinosaurs, you can spell them too.
- Everything and anything will be used as a sword, gun or weapon. (even your make up brushes are not safe)
- There is mud somewhere, you might not see it straight away, but there will always be mud!
Noah has been unwell all week, as has Mr Grump! I do not like seeing either of them unwell, and if the truth be told I am not very good at being a nursemaid. My motto is “sympathy is top shelf right hand corner and I am to short to reach” Instead I did what I think I do best, I cooked. All good Cypriot girls know how to make Chicken and Vegetable Soup. It is simple, easy, cheap and cures all ills. (or so my mother told me). I have a whole heap of recipes to upload on here, it is just finding the time, I know excuses, excuses! But I promise I am going too.
So there is one thing I have noticed since Noah has been doing Kumon, and that is he now loves to count everything. This morning he lined up his dinosaurs and said to me “mummy watch me count them”. It is a real joy to watch, he is learning and playing at the same time, and whats more he is enjoying himself. He also has started asking me what words say and his letter recognition has improve vastly. Yes it is a commitment, and yes some times I feel like a Sargent Major starting the stop clock and saying “go”. But he likes it, and somewhere in the process he is beginning to tell the time!
This week, there has not been enough tea, or coffee for that matter drunk, and there has not been a piece of cake to have passed my lips. This could be a good thing, as we are off on holiday in five weeks and I need to loose a few pounds around the mid drift!